May 28, 2015

Two More Faux Leather Bucket Bags






I got an order for two more bucket bags in faux leather.  They wanted one in a tan/light brown and one in a light cream color.  I think this makes 10 of these I have made recently and all of them have been sold!  So, it looks like I will need to make more very soon.

Here is the first one.  I have combined this faux leather with an orange suede in the past but decided to use it by itself this time.



The back is plain.  This faux leather has a good weight to it.

The inside of the bag opens wide and it is so roomy.  I used a brown striped quilting fabric for the lining.



The second bag is made from a very soft, buttery faux leather.  It really did not have the heft that was needed so I used a heavy fabric for the lining and I got the body I was looking for.







 The tutorial for this bag can be found on Sew4home.com.  As soon as I get some more eyelets, I will be sewing more.  I have some fabric picked out already!


9 comments:

  1. Great Bags Marilyn. I'm so glad you are selling them well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Norma. They have been very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so great Marilyn! Such great "workwomanship"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bags! They are both veru elegant looking. Need to look up that pattern and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bags! They are both veru elegant looking. Need to look up that pattern and try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You'll love it, Judith. It is fun, easy and fairly quick.

      Delete
  6. Love the faux leather! I've made this bag myself but never thought to use leather! Did you use fusible fleece as well or some other type of interfacing? I'd love to surprise my sister with one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use fusible fleece to soften the faux leather a little.

      Delete