March 5, 2015

The Paris Clutch and Another Order Completed






You will remember that I recently made a book cover with handles (see here).  It is a free pattern by Imazzpatterns  After making that, I looked at her other patterns and decided to make the Paris Clutch.  I have made other clutches but I thought this one was really cute.  I will make more.  The pattern is here.


The front of the clutch has a large zippered pocket.  It is large enough to hold my Samsung Galaxy X 5 and the even larger Otter Box cover it is in.  It makes it easy to get at my phone.


The back has a cute slip pocket closed by a snap.









This pocket is not big enough for my phone because of the snap but still can hold plenty like sunglasses, lipstick, etc.

Inside, there are card pockets.  She gives you two different ways to insert them...one way if you have an industrial machine that can handle the thickness and one way if you have a domestic machine that protests when sewing several layers.  I have a semi-industrial machine and had no problem with the layers.  The inside edges will have binding to cover the raw edges so keep that in mind when choosing which way to go.  By the way, these were the easiest card pockets I have ever made.  My only regret is that I didn't put them on the other side of the inside of the bag, too.


If you are looking for a clutch when you only need to take the necessities, this is a fun pattern.  I love how it turned out.  The only change I made was to lengthen the wrist strap a bit.  The finished size is 5.5" high and 10" wide.

I have been busy testing some bag patterns that I can't wait to show you and I just completed two Bucket Bags from a free pattern I discovered that I will post in the next day or two.  I, also, wanted to show you an order that I completed.  It is for the two women that bought the other bags that match this fabric.  I will deliver them tomorrow. They have been such great customers!  The wallet is Emmaline Bags' Necessary Clutch Wallet that you can find here.  The smaller one is The Get Carded Wallet by Dog Under My Desk. You can find the pattern here.


11 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely items as usual, Marilyn! Good to see that lighthouse fabric again - one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Paris Clutch is beautiful! Those fabrics make it just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marilyn. Your Paris clutch is so classy !
    When I designed the pattern, I was thinking of a high functioning and simple clutch. So I' m glad that you find it cute! Your other items are simply gorgeous too. I really admire your sewing skills. Keep on sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imazz. Keep up with the great patterns.

      Delete
  6. Marilyn I especially like the fabric you used for the clutch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daryl. I loved it too. It was just a small remnant piece that I bought and this was the perfect project for it.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete