February 18, 2015

Sugar and Spice Bag Gets an Honorable Mention






What a great surprise!  The Sugar and Spice Bag Sew Along is over, the prizes have been awarded and my bag got an Honorable Mention.  How fun is that?  I got to pick a free pattern from Chris W Designs.  It wasn't too hard for me to decide.  I am such a fan of hers that I had all of her patterns but two.  I chose the Eve Clutch. (That only leaves Emma).



Congratulations to the first place winner Heidi Simkin, and the other Honorable Mention, Michelle Brown Burke.  All of the bags were so beautiful.  I think we were all winners.

I didn't have this bag very long.  Someone saw it and contacted me to buy it.  I was only too happy to oblige!  She wanted a wallet to match, so I just completed a Necessary Clutch Wallet from Emmaline Bags to go with it.







These two patterns are among my most favorite patterns to make and both look so professional when done.  I have made nine Sugar and Spice Bags now and probably close to twenty Necessary Clutch Wallets.  If you haven't yet tried either of these patterns, you are really missing out.



You can find the Sugar and Spice Bag here, and the Necessary Clutch Wallet here.

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Very deserving, and it didn't surprise me at all. :) The clutch along with it makes a wonderful pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I was surprised because all of the bags were beautiful. It was fun. There will be a sew along again with the Lombard Bag from Chris W Designs starting March on Her Facebook Group.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Marilyn! It's a beautiful set! I have to say, it didn't surprise me, either. :) I'm happy for you!! I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to sew!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krista. Weren't all of the bags beautiful? I love to see all of the combinations in the same bag I am making at the time.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your honorable mention and selling the bag and wallet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daryl. The sew along was great fun.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Of course yours had to win. Both the bag and the wallet look awesome! Nine Sugar and Spice....wow, so cool! Great that you sold the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma. Selling the set was just icing on the cake.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, looks wonderful. Are you willing to reveal the name of the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at JoAnns. It is made for them and called Jacqueline Floral. Here is a link
      http://www.joann.com/fabric/quilting/keepsake-calico-fabric/#prefn1=refinementColor&prefv1=Pinks

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I enjoyed making them both. Bright colors to make me think of Spring.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations. The perfect couple. I love your fabric choices for them it's so striking and pretty. I've also just noticed that you haven't used piping except for the pockets. Good idea, so much easier and it looks great. I might just try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. I've done several with the piping just on the pockets. With a bag this busy, I thought it was enough.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete