August 11, 2014

Motorcycle Bag In Flames






Every once in a while, I'll get an order for a bag that is different, unusual, one that can't be purchased from any department store.  This is so very fun for me.  Usually the customer has been looking for awhile and gets so excited that they may actually get the bag they have been searching for.  Remember the "skull wallet"?  You can see that here.  I actually made two of them when the original customer had a friend that saw hers and wanted one, too.  I usually make one of a kind bags but with both of their permission, I made a second one.

I just completed another order unlike anything else I had done.  This customer loves motorcycles and has a Harley Davidson herself.  She had been looking for a motorcycle bag in orange and black and thought flames would be great.  She chose the Convertible Bag by Samantha at Sewing Patterns by  Mrs H.  You can buy this pattern here.  She thought it would be great because she could wear it as a crossbody bag but could also convert it to a backpack when she wanted.

I completed this bag this weekend.  She has not seen it yet and I hope she will love it!

I found two different kinds of flame fabric but thought this one was the most dramatic.    I loved the thin blue outline on the flames.  I combined it with a black faux leather and kept the inside of the bag a lighter, brighter color (yellow-orange) to make it easy to find things inside.  Here are the fabrics.





Are you ready for the finished bag???




I actually really love it!!  Here is the back of the bag as a crossbody with adjustible straps.



Here is the back converted to a backpack.





Last but not least is the interior.  I wanted a lighter, brighter fabric because the outside is dark.  It is also hard to find things in a bag when the lining is too dark.



Hope she loves it!!!

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula. Nothing I would have made on my own but I think it's pretty cool, too.

      Delete
  2. Perfect bag for the motorcyclist: style and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma. Just found out that she loves it. She saw it on the post.

      Delete
  3. Wow... that bag will get noticed!! :) Looks like you did a superb job, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flame fabric is just amazing. I'm sure the lady that ordered it will be over the moon with it. One things for sure she won't find someone else with a bag like hers. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. My husband talked to her this AM and she loves it. She got on my blog to see it. She will get it tomorrow. She is already thinking of a matching wallet.

      Delete
  5. Glad she likes it. 'cause that bag is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was so fun to do. Not just your ordinary bag!

      Delete
  6. Flaming AWESOME! Love it Marilyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. You know it was fun for me!

      Delete
  7. Awesome.
    Oops - Flaming Awesome!!!

    Make her a wallet and a "cosmetic" bag too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. Everyone needs to make something unusual. Made me happy!

      Delete
  8. Marilyn what a perfect combination of the flame fabric paired with the black faux leather! I agree you must have a light colored lining in order to see and find things inside the bag. I bought a black bag once that had a black lining and it came with a little flashlight inside the bag!!! You needed the flashlight to see anything inside, lol. Now I make my bags with light linings and learned from that black bag never to line a bag in a dark fabric. She will be styling on her Harley in that great bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daryl. Bag delivered this AM. I will soon make her a matching wallet. She loved it.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous bag! Your fabric choices are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. Love this. Nice to see someone think outside the realm of "norm". Nice pattern. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete