May 9, 2014

The Tale of Two Halves






Well, I have not sewn since I finished my May Bag of the Month, the Poolside Tote, on May 3,  6 days ago.  That may not sound very long, but to someone that sews everyday, it feels like a long time.  After reading about everyone Spring cleaning and decluttering, I felt like it was a good time to revamp my sewing room.  I didn't take any before pictures, but the room that I am currently sewing in was my former work office.  I wasn't sure if I was going back to work when I left my job 2 years ago, so I kept everything.  I moved my sewing things in on top of everything else along with a 6 foot table that I kept my machines, etc on.  I don't know what creativity looks like in your house but mine is pretty messy.  I was so busy for awhile that I didn't straighten up between projects.  I couldn't take it anymore. 

Here is the half that is done.  Yay!  It is going to help me be more efficient.  The 6 foot table doesn't even have to come back in!  I will have so much more room.



I still have a few things that need to come in on this half but not before I sweep and scrub the rug.

Unfortunately, the other half looks like this!




Everything that I haven't decided about is here.  All of the desk drawers are cleaned out but the 2 top skinny desk drawers.  The dining room table is full of what must come back to the desk.  The plan is to finish cleaning today and scrubbing the rug tomorrow. 

The real question is, how can I stop here???  Hopefully, I can go room to room to freshen each room while still finding time to sew.   This was definitely the room with the most work.  It should only get easier....

5 comments:

  1. LOLLL Don't you feel better already. I did my room but to look at it now you wouldn't believe it. I'm such a messy sewer. I just finished a bag yesterday and a wallet today. I'm starting on another bag tomorrow but need to clean up before I start. I love seeing other peoples working space as it gives me the incentive to keep mine tidy. Of course the rest of the house has gone to pot. Things never seem to stay in their place for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that I love how you've displayed your bags of the month on your side bar. Great idea and also I've never noticed a photo of you at the top of your blog. Is it new or has it always been there? Nice to see who I'm talking to anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel better already. I can't believe how much time this takes. I have removed so much stuff. Can't wait to finish. Just added my picture. It took me awhile. I am the picture taker. I'm not in that many of them.

      Delete
  3. Yep I need to join in on the cleaning too as I always seem to have a mess. I did clean and organize not long ago, but with every project things get so messy again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a long overdo rehaul type of clean. I had 10 years worth of work things to go through...was so sure I would need some of it one day...I probably will now that I have purged 90% of it. Getting ready to scrub the carpet and rug. Just waiting for hubby to help me move this heavy oak desk so that I can clean and sweep behind it.

      Delete