May 14, 2014

Just So You Know...I'm Done






Well, after a complete rehaul of my office/TV room/sewing room, I am finally finished with the majority of the work.  I have my sewing room with a TV in it.  I still have a few things that are stored in another room that I want to bring in but as of right now I have 4 spots in the entertainment center, room in one of the file cabinets and 4 desk drawers left to fill.  I think I am good.

Here is my sewing corner.  I have one of my machines on one desk and the other on the other desk.  I can now sew in front of the large window that provides much needed light (wait and see, the older you get the more of that light you need).





The other side of the room is my storage center.  I have everything in hand's reach.  My ironing board is in the laundry room that is a couple of steps away.

 


I can close myself off if need be with my French doors, but still see what is going on.

 


That's it!  Now back to sewing.  I don't know what yet but I got a lot of yummy upholstery pieces from someone a couple of weeks ago that I am dying to get into.  Here is a small amount that I have to choose from.  There is so much more...more prints and a ton of solids.   Lucky me!




 I'll show you what I decided to use and what I turned it into soon.

11 comments:

  1. Great job! I bet you are now very anxious to start sewing in such a cool sewing room. Love the fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm stewing over what to make. I don't want to "waste" anything in case a better idea or better pattern comes along. How silly is that??

      Delete
  2. Well done. You'll be inspired to make something with those lovely fabrics now. I'll be watching carefully to see what you make becasue I have a load of fabrics like that, possibly smaller pieces than yours, and I still haven't worked out what to make with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been browsing all kinds of possibilities. Now I just need to make a decision.

      Delete
  3. Love the sewing room. So organized looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if I would have taken before pictures... It took so long but it is so much more efficient now.

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so nice and neat Marilyn. Glad you cannot see my sewing room disaster, lol!!! Those are beautiful fabrics and I know you will make some beautiful bags or wallets out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Daryl. It took so long. I'm back to sewing now. Finally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT room Marilyn! I NEED one of those TV cabinets full f fabric myself! LOLL I LOVE those french doors too, by the way! I wanted to put a pair in our place BUT I have been thinking that to close them you have to bolt at the top or bottom and I would be too lazy to do that....is that how they close or only to lock them? LOLL We have an exterior pair and you have to bolt them....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bolting these doors. At the top of the door frame are 2 metal pieces with a recessed indentation and on top of each door is a metal ball like piece that depresses when you close the door and pops up into the depressed metal piece in the frame to keep the doors shut. All I do is close the doors!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete